Monday, August 14, 2006

David Beckham Cried?

I read the news about that David Beckham was not selected to the England team. The new team manager McClaren told him that they need to change directions. Japanese news said David cried at that time. But I could not find such a news at CNN and BBC website. He needs at least 6 matches to reach his 100th caps. I think he can play well still now and hope to reach 100th caps.

* If there's any native english speaker who could read this diary, could you please correct my grammer? I will erase these sentences after the comment to correct my english.

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in what is 100th cap. What is it? I don't know about soccoer. But I absolutely know Beckham!

 
At 8/16/2006 11:36 PM, Blogger JoJo said...

In soccer, the number of matches in international A match is called cap. So David Beckham have already joined 96 matches, and will be able to reach 100 matches if he joins at least 6 matches. It is difficult to join over 100 matches in the national team. In Japan, Masami Ihara who had already retired his carrer marked 123 caps. It is the only record beyond 100 caps in Japan. In England the player selected to national team used to got a cap from football association a long time ago. It is the origin of this "cap" meaning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home