Monday, October 02, 2006

Back pain

After correction from native speaker
I have suffered chronic back pain for 3 weeks. Once before, a year ago, I had the same pain. It was gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori, so I got medicine to eliminate it from my stomach. I know sometimes it isn't eliminated even after medication. I didn't go to hospital to judge whether it had been eliminated or not. So, I needed to know the result now and went to hospital. It took 2 hours to test. The bacteria had completely disappeared. However, I still have back pain and feel anxious because the cause is still unknown. I need to go to another hospital to diagnose my symptoms again.

Original Diary
I have suffered chronic back pain for 3 weeks. Once I had same pain 1 year ago, it was gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori, so I got medicine to eliminate it from my stomach. I know someone fails to eliminate even after medication. I didn't go to hospital to judge wheter it had been eliminated or not. So, I should know the result and went to hospital. It took 2 hours to test. That bacteria had completely dissappeared. However, I still have back pain and feel anxious because the cause of back pain is still unknown. I would go to another hospital to estimate my symptom again.

7 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what's causing it? Could it be an injury from playing futsal or something? Did the doctor check for a hernia?

Whatever it is, I hope you'll find relief from it soon.

By the way, I've revised your post a little bit:

"I have suffered chronic back pain for 3 weeks. Once before, a year ago, I had the same pain. It was gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori, so I got medicine to eliminate it from my stomach. I know sometimes it isn't eliminated even after medication. I didn't go to hospital to judge whether it had been eliminated or not. So, I needed to know the result now and went to hospital. It took 2 hours to test. The bacteria had completely disappeared. However, I still have back pain and feel anxious because the cause is still unknown. I need to go to another hospital to diagnose my symptoms again."

I wondered if I should change "to hospital" to "to the hospital", but I left it unchanged. In American English, we say "the hospital", but in British English, just "hospital" is fine. To me, it sounds strange, but to a British person it would sound perfectly natural.

 
At 10/03/2006 11:54 PM, Blogger JoJo said...

Thank you so much! Michael!!
I really appreciate your kindness.
Today I am not so bad. I think it will be better soon.

 
At 10/04/2006 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel a great relief to hear that you're getting better.

I myself have been suffering from strange pain in my neck. I'm thinking of going see a doctor soon.

Looking into the dictionary,it's said,
"an otorhinolaryngologist" as "耳鼻咽喉科の医者".
super long word, isn't it?

 
At 10/04/2006 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that really is a long word! But it's not as long as antidisestablishmentarianism, which is the longest real word I can spell. ^_^

As for an otorhinolaryngologist, in the US we say the separate English words, "ear, nose and throat doctor" rather than the Latin word.

 
At 10/04/2006 11:33 PM, Blogger JoJo said...

KIYO-san
My strange pain is still exist, however, it is less painfull.
I suppose you should go to see orthopedics or neurosurgeon. Neurosurgeon is the best one who knows a lot about brain and nerves.

 
At 10/04/2006 11:40 PM, Blogger JoJo said...

Michael
Antidisestablishmentarianism is very long word.
It is strange and difficult because it contains "anti" and "dis".
Ear, nose and throat doctor is easy to remember.

 
At 11/12/2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jojo-san,
How are you doing these days? You haven't written about playing futsal lately, so I wondered if your back pain is still bothering you. I hope you're feeling better now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home